Monday, April 26, 2010

A frustrating weekend

The weekend looks ominous, weather wise but Friday evening at VA BBQ is what we need to get our hot rod fix….the Princess and I love to drive the hot rods so when they are parked, some of the fun stops for us. Most of the 40-45 cars that came through were the usual suspects but I liked the pink & black ’55 Ford convertible. It has a factory built sensing device that detects rain and will raise the top by itself, if the vehicle was stationary…. remember this was in 1955! I also liked the two tone green ’59 Ford convertible, a classy ride.

Those of you who know me also know I have some friends that are….a little out there….it might be you! Anyway as I was getting up to take pictures Fred came over and sheepishly said he had something to show me in his car? Fred drives a green & silver ’66
Plymouth Barracuda, not that his choice in cars has anything to do with he showed me….grin. You will have to ask Fred what it was that he showed then gave me….I will never look at a frog the same, ever again….I now have a terminal case of eye trauma and the doctor says the flashbacks should lessen over time if I stay on the meds….we’ll see.

Saturday the weather guessers say the rain is north and we won’t get any till evening….I checked the radar and saw rain all around us but nothing hitting the ground so we took the hot rods to breakfast. We arrived at Bob Evans for breakfast was planning on organizing the cars to go to the show in Thornburg with us. We were about half way through breakfast when we began to watch it rain on the hot rods….not a lot, just enough to make a mess. Since no one else had showed up, we finished eating and slowly drove home to garage the cars and dry them off…. Since it seemed like it was not going to quit raining the rest of the day we decided to stay home and watch a movie.

The weather guessers said that Sunday would be worse? We would have severe thunderstorms, large hail, lightning, wind, tsunami, hurricanes, tornadoes and the four horsemen of the apocalypse descending on our little part of the planet. So we planned on doing something else with the hot rods….like waxing them in the garage! Finally Sunday morning and with the dawn came a light sprinkle that quickly stopped. I re-checked the house generator, filled the bathtubs with water and secured all the porch furniture so the storm wouldn’t blow the furniture to Bermuda! And we waited for the impending deluge….the sky started turning blue? Little white puffy clouds started appearing? The wind stopped? Were we in the eye of the cataclysmic event that was to befall us? No….the weather guessers were wrong….again! We thought maybe their forecast was just a little late but the nice weather stayed till after dark! So we didn’t go to Crabby Oyster because of the storm that never came! So I’ll never understand why everyone believes what those bozos say about climate change for years down the road when they haven’t been able to predict the weather 24 hours out! Maybe it’s just me but when I worked, had I been wrong so often like they are I would have been unemployed long long ago!
Anyway….a very frustrating weekend for all the car people around here, I guess we should find solace in not having to deal with the weather that Mississippi and Alabama got. Next weekend we have three shows and one cruise scheduled….let’s see what the weather guessers can cook up.

No comments: