Saturday, August 2, 2008

Time flies when....

Friday night at VA BBQ....We rolled in around 5PM and there were 7 cars already there! We parked and set up but decided to go into VA BBQ and get some vittles....and take advantage of the A/C! It was so very hot and humid! More people drifted inside and soon the place was filling up with people eating and talking....and not sweating! The Princess whines so much when she sweats! She even has a battery powered fan she takes with her everywhere, she says Princesses are not supposed to sweat! We stayed inside for 1 1/2 hrs! When we went back out to the cars the sun was down enough that we could feel a difference in the heat! Nice! Anyway I sat down behind the RedRat and people started coming over and talking with me....at one point I was talking to one person and two were waiting in line! Gee I feel popular, maybe I owe them money?....hehehe The conversations were sometimes intense and mostly about cars and family. Two of my favorite 3 subjects! The conversations kept coming and I lost track of time and space and kinda snapped out of the conversations when I noticed Jim & Linda packing up! Huh....I missed the whole cruise deal, I didn't take one picture, the whole night happened without me! All I did was sit and talk about cars! I thought I missed everything....but maybe I was part of the most important part of the evening....the personal connection of friends relating their life's experiences with each other? It was different!

After we packed up we did a little cruising. We had heard of a 'Mustang deal' at the old 5Ndiner in Central Park....so we cruised over there to check it out. Sure enough part of the old 5Ndiner parking lot was blocked off with little cones and 'Mustangs only' signs and there were about 20 or so Mustangs there! I liked the 5Ndiner cruise on Sat that we used to attend....the venue is just right. Maybe the Mustangs will be successful enough on Friday and maybe we could do a Sunday afternoon/evening cruise with hot rods?....could be? We'll see....

No comments: